About B Revolution Consulting
Our advisors are experts in B Corporations and profit+impact strategy
B Revolution’s team of expert advisors provides experience-tested advice and guidance on how to implement sustainable social and environmental impact practices to maximize revenues, cut costs, build brand equity, and, when necessary, solicit the right kind of capital.
Our consultants are experienced venture-funded entrepreneurs, angel investment due diligence officers, business strategy professors, former sustainability managers for large B Corporations, leaders from grantmaking institutions, and award-winning researchers.
Our publications on B Corporation-related topics include:
- Making Decisions with Multiple Attributes: A Case in Sustainability Planning, 15 Graziadio Business Review 2 (Spring 2012).
- The Benefit Corporation: An Economic Analysis with Recommendations to Courts, Boards, and Legislatures, 62 Emory Law Journal (Forthcoming 2013).
- The Need and Rationale for the Benefit Corporation: Why it is the Legal Form that Best Addresses the Needs of Social Entrepreneurs, Investors, and Ultimately the Public.
- Visit our Knowledge Center for more.
Our Clients are non-profits, for-profits, and startups
Business by business, entrepreneur by entrepreneur, B Revolution builds the B Corporation revolution one client at a time.
Our non-profit clients often seek to bolster their earned-income strategy by establishing a joint venture with a B Corporation, or by establish a wholly-or partially-owned B Corporation subsidiary. The benefits of these strategies are many: establishing a separate B Corporation entity limits liability, allows equity investment and a separate financial strategy, and allows the non-profit to efficiently allocate its resources in order to bolster its mission.
Our existing business clients either have established sustainability and social impact business practices, or wish to develop an impact strategy to bolster their existing business model. Our clients span the sustainable business space, from tech-driven social impact firms to businesses in organics and sustainable food and wine.
Our startup clients are solo entrepreneurs and startup management teams seeking to take their venture from concept to beta, or bootstrapped beta to alpha and then scale. Typically, our clients are in the software, mobile, or ecommerce space, and are seeking capital in addition to strategic guidance. We have experience in B2B, B2C, and B2G business planning.
Uniformly, our clients are experienced professionals and successful businesses and non-profits who seek external guidance in order to become as positively impactful and profitable as possible. They are…
- Venture-backed growth companies
- Existing B Corporations seeking to maximize their profit+impact strategy
- Former management consultants at top 5 consulting firms
- Business owners and non-profit leaders with MBAs from top schools like UCLA and USC
- Former General Counsel of a fortune 500 company
- Professor at a top 30 business school
- Experienced business professional with over 30 years experience in their new venture’s industry
And our clients all have big, hairy, audacious goals for how to change the world in an often radical and disruptive way. They seek to…
- Revolutionize foster care placement to make placement more efficient and safer to save lives and protect youths
- Build the upcycling community in order to reduce waste and save the planet
- Build the first purpose-driven dating app combining causes with dating, and intimately tying local communities to dating experiences
- Help sustainable brands gain access to sustainable consumers to facilitate healthy, cost-effective choices for the shopping masses
- Conserve energy through mobile social gaming
A note on our relationship with B Lab
B Revolution Consulting is a California benefit corporation subsidiary of B Revolution, Inc., a B Corporation-certified Maryland benefit corporation. B Revolution, Inc. is a friend and collaborator of, but not formally affiliated with, B Lab, the nonprofit behind both benefit corporation legislation and B Corporation certification. The founder of B Revolution, Inc., and B Revolution Consulting, Dirk Sampselle, worked with B Lab in 2011, during which time he was a drafting author of B Lab’s Benefit Corporation White Paper.
Dirk Sampselle, JD/MBA
Dirk Sampselle is Founder of B Revolution, Inc., a family of enterprises dedicated to growing the B Corporation movement. A nationally-recognized expert in th…Read More
Kyle Westaway, esq.
// Affiliate Attorney
Kyle Westaway, esq. is B Revolution’s affiliate attorney and an expert in the field of social enterprise law. Mr. Westaway lectures at Harvard Law S…Read More
Sean Pfitzenmaier, MBA
// Technology Development Advisor
Sean Pfitzenmaier is the COO of SmartMarket, a mobile payment company focused on making person to person mobile payments faster, easier, and friendlier. Sean has…Read More
Rob Bikel, MBA
// B Corporation Strategy Partner
Robert Bikel is head of B Revolution Consulting’s B Corporation Strategy Services and current Adjunct Professor of Business and Sustainability at Pepperdine University’s Grazia…Read More
Robin Shank, MBA
Robin Shank is an Associate in B Revolution’s B Corporation Strategy service group. Robin received her MBA in Sustainable Management from Presidio Graduate School, and has worke…Read More